BEFORE HIKING WITH US USEFUL INFORMATION
- Period: From Spring to Autumn; depending on weather conditions (temperature, wind, etc) the most suitable for hiking time of the day will be chosen.
- Type of tour: All tours are conducted in private basis, upon request. The tours include a quality sightseeing guided tour with a certified interpretation guide (from Interpret Europe-European Association for Heritage Interpretation).
- Duration: Tour duration is the walking time plus the time spent in the sights and the driving time from the clients’ accommodation.
- Language: The tours are conducted in English or in Greek.
- Experience – Preparation: No hiking experience is required, however you should be in good physical condition and have no hindering medical issues; you should also carry any medication you have been prescribed. Hiking shoes or training shoes (e.g. running shoes) are required in the hikes. Generally, we strongly recommend, hiking/trekking shoes, a backpack and long pants or long socks. Hat and sun-protection lotion are always necessary, an extra t-shirt it might be useful.
- Important note: All tours are conducted in a natural landscape.
Inform us about allergies, injuries or any other health issues that need to be attended.
- Safety: Naxos Trekking tours are designed with participant’s safety in mind. Our guides have long hiking experience, great knowledge of the area and are fully First Aid and CPR certified. Our hiking trails are fully covered by mobile phone network. During any given tour, a Medical Associate from Diagnostiki Naxou is always on standby duty for any medical or other emergencies. If you are over 70 years or if you had a recent medical issue, please be sure that you have already consulted your doctor, prior to your booking arrangement.
- Young children should be under parental supervision.
- For the tours in which a tasty treat is included, please inform us in advance about your food intolerances or allergies you may have.
- It is advisable to have purchased travel insurance before leaving home.