BEFORE HIKING WITH US USEFUL INFORMATION
- Period: All year round; depending on weather conditions (temperature, wind, etc) the most suitable for hiking time of the day will be chosen.
- Transportation: Transfer from your accommodation and return back, can be arranged using a taxi (taxi fee not included) or using your car or any other convenient means.
- Food & Drink: A good breakfast at the hotel prior to the tour is recommended. Participants are advised to carry at least a litre of water per person and light snacks or refreshment.
- Experience – Preparation: No trekking experience is required, however participants should be in good physical condition and have no hindering medical issues; they should also carry any medication they have been prescribed. Hiking shoes or training shoes (e.g. running shoes) are required in the hikes. Generally, hiking/trekking shoes are recommended.Participants should pack an extra T-shirt. Hats and sun-protection lotion are always necessary, long sleeve t-shirts are preferred.
Inform us about allergies, injuries or any other health issues that need to be attended.
- Safety: Naxos Trekking tours are designed with participant’s safety in mind. Participants are given individual attention or help if necessary in difficult passages by guides who have long trekking experience and are fully First Aid and CPR certified. Our hiking trails are fully covered by mobile phone network. During any given tour, a Medical Associate from Diagnostiki Naxou is always on standby duty for any medical or other emergencies. If you are over 70 years or if you had a recent medical issue, please be sure that you have already consulted your doctor, prior to your booking arrangement.
Naxos Trekking tours are designed around the average traveller, combining information on sites and places of interest that visitors could not have access to easily on their own. Our tours combine walking experiences with sightseeing, intended to let you explore unique hidden beauties of Naxos. We share our knowledge about history, nature, geology, culture and traditions of Naxos, so that you can reveal the pure soul of our island.
The tours are designed on a main schedule which is pre arranged, but we are flexible on making changes according to your requests and needs, where is possible.
Travellers above the age of 12 are allowed on our small group tours.
On our private groups can participate travellers of all ages. (Children should be under parental supervision).
Naxos Trekking operates all year round, on a daily basis. Keeping mainly participant’s safety in mind, our tours are conducted weather and conditions permitting (temperature, wind, etc). Starting time might vary depending on the time of the year. The most suitable for hiking time of the day is always chosen.
Naxos Trekking has the right to amend or cancel a tour due to adverse weather conditions.
Most of our tours are circular and almost all end at locations offering catering facilities.
Our tours are conducted at a comfortable pace and cover anywhere between 4.5 to 10.5 kilometers (2.8 to 6.5 miles). Their rating varies form easy to demanding.
The elevation gain / loss ranges anywhere between 200 to 670 meters (660 to 2210 feet). They are all geared towards the average active traveler, and are designed to be relaxing yet dynamic.
For more technical details, check the “Hikes” section of our site.
Everyone who doesn’t have medical issues is capable of participating Naxos Trekking tours. Nevertheless you will enjoy them more if you have a moderate level of fitness.
Our tours are not suitable for people with walking difficulties, strollers and wheelchairs.
Cash, Paypal and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express) are accepted.
Museums, Archaeological Sites & Exhibitions
Admission to museums and archaeological sites requires an extra cost.
Demeter Temple & Museum ticket: 4 €
Bazeos Tower Exhibition ticket: 4 €
Entering a church in Greece (including ancient ones) is free.
Nevertheless, it has always been a common practice to give a small amount of money when visiting a church in Greece. This money is used for maintenance reasons. Therefore, being part of this tradition is optional to you.
It is always advisable to bear with you some pocket money for any small expenses.