BEFORE HIKING WITH US USEFUL INFORMATION
- Period: All year round; depending on weather conditions (temperature, wind, etc) the most suitable for hiking time of the day will be chosen.
- Transportation: Transfer from your accommodation and return back, can be arranged using a taxi (taxi fee not included) or using your car or any other convenient means.
- Food & Drink: A good breakfast at the hotel prior to the tour is recommended. Participants are advised to carry at least a litre of water per person and light snacks or refreshment.
- Experience – Preparation: No trekking experience is required, however participants should be in good physical condition and have no hindering medical issues; they should also carry any medication they have been prescribed. Hiking shoes or training shoes (e.g. running shoes) are required in the hikes. Generally, hiking/trekking shoes are recommended.Participants should pack an extra T-shirt. Hats and sun-protection lotion are always necessary, long sleeve t-shirts are preferred.
Inform us about allergies, injuries or any other health issues that need to be attended.
- Safety: Naxos Trekking tours are designed with participant’s safety in mind. Participants are given individual attention or help if necessary in difficult passages by guides who have long trekking experience and are fully First Aid and CPR certified. Our hiking trails are fully covered by mobile phone network. During any given tour, a Medical Associate from Diagnostiki Naxou is always on standby duty for any medical or other emergencies. If you are over 70 years or if you had a recent medical issue, please be sure that you have already consulted your doctor, prior to your booking arrangement.