Follow in the footsteps of Venetian aristocrats as you walk through land where summer palaces once stood. Learn how farmers used an ingenious method to share water, in a system that surprisingly still operates today. Discover the island’s most important achievement during the classical era of Ancient Greece and how this saved Naxos Town from disaster. See how feudal land systems gave way to today’s small farms that still continue to offer excellent sun-ripened fruits and vegetables.
The picturesque villages of Kourounochori. Mili, old watermills, the ancient aqueduct, the Kouros statues, the ancient quarries, the picturesque villages of Potamia.
- Distance: 8.8 km
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Total duration: 5+ hours ( plus the driving time 1+h)
- flexible starting time
- transfer from and to your hotel/guesthouse
- certified guide/narrator
- guided tour around included sights and spots of interest
- bottled water, bio local refreshment and snacks
- a treat in a local Kafeneio. The treat consists of a coffee/soft drink or beer/wine and a plateau of local sweets or a plateau of meze bites.
- all taxes
Does not include:
- personal expenses
Rates for private tours
1 to 3 persons: from 145 euros
4 to 8 persons: from 75 euros