Have you ever wondered what life was like during the medieval period in the Aegean? This tour will unveil fascinating facts about Christianity in the Cyclades, and how the fertile valley of Tragea in the heartland of Naxos helped the island’s economy and society flourish, even as it changed hands from Byzantine to Venetian rule. This trip into the “Middle Ages of the Mediterranean” will reveal how the past is tied to the presence and lend insight into the social structure.
The picturesque village of Halki, Byzantine churches, Citron distillery and liqueur tasting, Venetian tower, olive groves, traditional villages of Kaloxylos and Moni.
- Distance: 6.5 km
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Total duration: 5+ hours ( plus the driving time 1+h)
- flexible starting time
- transfer from and to your hotel/guesthouse
- certified guide/narrator
- guided tour around included sights and spots of interest
- bottled water, bio local refreshment and snacks
- a treat in a local Kafeneio. The treat consists of a coffee/soft drink or beer/wine and a plateau of local sweets or a plateau of meze bites.
- all taxes
Does not include:
- personal expenses
Rates for private tours
1 to 3 persons: from 145 euros
4 to 8 persons: from 75 euros