If you’re an enthusiast of local flavors and the Mediterranean cuisine, you’re going to love this tour. Naxos is famous for its gastronomy and even grows some of its fruits in its fertile midst. Take a riverside tour among picturesque communities and villages lying along running waters and marvel at the traditional way of life in the countryside. Walk through beautiful gardens full of fruit-bearing trees, see for yourself what ‘farm to fork’ really means, and rediscover man’s intricate dependence on nature for sustenance, far away from the mechanics of mass production. Finish off the tour with a local treat in a traditional coffee shop.
This 3-hour walk by the river will take you through stone-paved paths that make it suitable for all ages. You might come across muddy parts in the rainier season.
The picturesque villages of Potamia, two Byzantine chapels, colorful trees, Venetian tower.
- Distance: 3km
- Level: Easy
- Total duration: 4+ hours ( plus the driving time 1+h)
- flexible starting time
- transfer from and to your hotel/guesthouse
- certified guide/narrator
- guided tour around included sights and spots of interest
- bottled water, bio local refreshment and snacks
- a treat in a local Kafeneio. The treat consists of a coffee/soft drink or beer/wine and a plateau of local sweets or a plateau of meze bites.
- all taxes
Does not include:
- personal expenses
Rate for private tour
1 to 3 person: from 120 euros
4 to 8 person: from 60 euros